Edward Cox: The beginning of a legacy
Edward Cox moved to Bismarck in early 1917 to work in the state tax commission as an attorney. Later that year he was appointed Assistant Attorney General by then Attorney General William “Wild Bill” Langer and held the position until he and O’Hare began the Firm. He had many interesting cases while with the Attorney General’s office.
Cox was a golf enthusiast who placed at the North Dakota state championship in the 1920s. He served as a school board member in Bismarck for a number of years after co-founding the Firm as well.
Along with Herbert O’Hare, Cox is a founding partner of our Firm. He practiced until he passed in 1954.